This thread is aimed at helping you find the best platform to move online and we would here’s all you need to know about Teachable.
1. Does Teachable offer a customized website or app that can be used by the studio and shared with members?
Teachable allows you to build your own personalized schools and courses. You can add your own content such as text, files, videos, and more with the option to make them downloadable.
2. Does Teachable provide the ability to conduct personal training? & Does Teachable provide the ability to conduct live sessions for members?
Teachable offers the option to add webinars or other live streaming and also lets you add any external application to your online course. Specifically, if you want to add a live stream or video webinar to your course hosted by a video service such as YouTube, Vimeo, Live Stream, etc., then you can copy/paste the HTML embed code snippet provided by your video host and embed it directly into a lecture in the Add Code tab.
3. Can Teachable help the client in scheduling classes? & Can a studio/instructor conduct scheduled sessions with pre-recorded videos on Teachable?
Teachable’s Drip feature allows you to release your online sessions/lectures at a specific date or a specific time after a student/client enrols. This means that a student will not be able to access a lecture section until it has been “dripped” to them. When a lecture is released to students, they automatically receive an email notification. Teachable supports adding pre-recorded videos in their online lectures/courses. Know more about their Drip feature here:
4. What are the pricing options for studios who want to adopt your software?
Teachable has a few options to choose from for pricing. Depending on which specific features you need, you can select a plan that best fits your needs. You can choose between monthly or annual payment plans.
There are 4 pricing plans on Teachable: Free, One-Time Purchase, Subscriptions, and Payment Plans.
Your course can have as many pricing plans as you’d like.
Free - Students can fully access your course by signing up for an account. There is no price.
One-Time Purchases - Students can fully access your course by paying a singular amount.
Subscriptions - Students will have access to your course as long as they continue to pay their fee. You can set your subscription to charge a user every week, two weeks, month, three months, six months, or yearly.
Payment Plans - Students will pay a set amount of monthly fees for indefinite full access to your course.
5. Does Teachable offer any form of analytics for the fitness studio/independent instructor?
Teachable offers analytics to measure the progress students are making by using your course. The Teachable team recommend using the Quizzes feature to measure and evaluate the students’ learning progress and achievement. On Teachable, you can conduct two types of quizzes; graded and non-graded. You can even add quizzes to your videos to engage with your viewers, and make sure that they are paying attention to the content of the video. Refer to this article on Adding Quizzes to Your Video;
6. What are the types of payments that can be accepted from members using Teachable? Does it support one time payments (eg. payment for a class / workshop) and monthly memberships?
Students have multiple payment options when it comes to purchasing courses on Teachable: credit/debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
By default, students can pay with a credit/debit card—either by entering their card information, or using Apple Pay or Google Pay—on all gateways.
Please refer to this article by Teachable to get more insights
7. Does Teachable provide a way to chat with members via the software? Does it provide support for having an online community with all the members (where they can have discussions)?
At this time, Teachable does not have a native live chat function for school/studio owners to speak with students. However, studio owners can enable comments on course content for interaction with students.
8. Does Teachable help the studio with the ability to post useful content / articles in the form of a blog?
Teachable has a built-in blog feature that you can enable on your studio site that allows you to create and edit blog posts. Visitors to your school can access your blog by clicking the Blog tab in your school’s navigation bar.
The Knowledge Base article below has more information about their available blog features:
9. Who is Teachable best recommended for? Among Yoga / Wellness / Fitness / Gym / Martial Arts and Dance studios?
Teachable is recommended for anyone with a wealth of knowledge on a subject, and a passion for sharing their expertise with others.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out : email@example.com