What is the internet speed and bandwidth required for live streaming a sermon?

Hey Folks,
For pastors and clergymen who are thinking of live-streaming sermons and the entire order of service, should be aware of the internet speed and bandwidth fluctuations that may occur to broadcast smoothly.

P.S. We’ve prepared an exhaustive list of FAQs that might be useful for Churches trying to go online with videos. You can find it here:

Before live streaming let’s look at some background information for context. A user can transfer data on the Internet in two ways: upload information and download information. These are also the two types of speeds included before any activity on the internet.
Upload speed is necessary for activities like sending an email, posting a picture or live streaming. On the other end, download speed is needed for using online streaming services or opening a website. For live streaming purposes we need to keep a check on the upload speed.
I suggest you check your current internet speed on https://www.speedtest.net/ before you decide to go live.

This will give you precise data on your upload and download speed and will help you clarify on whether live streaming is possible or not.
We found an interesting video by Boxcast that talks more about the speed required to live stream. I suggest you check that out for elaborate details: How Fast Does My Internet Need to Be to #Livestream

Source: Boxcast Video on YouTube