What is the internet speed required to conduct a smooth live-streaming wellness or dance class?

For Yoga, wellness, dance and fitness studios and instructors who are thinking of live-streaming their classes online, we will use this thread to evaluate and discuss the internet speed requirements for a smooth live-streaming session

P.S. We’ve prepared an exhaustive list of FAQs that might be useful for yoga, wellness, dance and fitness studios trying to move online. You can find it here:

Before live streaming let’s look at some background information for context. A user can transfer data on the Internet in two ways: upload information and download information. These are also the two types of speeds included before any activity on the internet.

Upload speed is necessary for activities like sending an email, posting a picture or live streaming. On the other end, download speed is needed for using online streaming services or opening a website. For live streaming purposes we need to keep a check on the upload speed.

I suggest you check your current internet speed on https://www.speedtest.net/ before you decide to go live.

This will give you precise data on your upload and download speed and will help you clarify on whether live streaming is possible or not.

We found an interesting video by Boxcast that talks more about the speed required to live stream. I suggest you check that out for elaborate details: How Fast Does My Internet Need to Be to #Livestream 1

Source: Boxcast Video on YouTube