Finding it difficult to choose the most-suitable platform? Well, there are clearly so many that it can get confusing. We would like to shed some light into the different video hosting platforms available.
You can make the video hosting platform choice based on your needs. Here are some of the widely-used video hosting platforms;
- Wix Video
Even though there is a large number of video hosting platforms available, in our opinion the best is to opt for YouTube or Vimeo. We would like to offer a quick comparison between Vimeo and YouTube to help ease your decision-making process. Caleb Wojcik, a renowned video creator points down both the platforms and their pros and cons.
According to Videonitch
300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. Almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day and the platform gets over 30 million visitors per day. Your video can get greater exposure on YouTube than on any other video hosting sites.
- YouTube is a free tool. But recently introduced a paid streaming service called YouTube premium that enables viewing the content on the platform without interruption from Ads.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine.
- You can grow a channel and publish contents like trailer, increase subscribers, and create playlists.
- Creator can monetize the content
- YouTube is a large collection of both high and low quality videos. Your content can be lost in the rabbit hole of cat videos and epic fails
Vimeo is video sharing platform that was created by filmmakers to publish one’s work and share it with a large community. Most users use Vimeo to share and promote their work.
- Platform mostly meant for artists and filmmakers.
- They’ve a free and paid version. The paid version gives more storage.
- Can sell access to videos
- Better quality comments and feedback
- Shows up in Google searches, but not YouTube searches. YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google.
- The channels on Vimeo aren’t the best for viewing playlists and converting subscribers.